A Hernia is a sac formation due to weakness or tear in abdominal muscles. A Hernia occurs when the contents of a body cavity bulge out of the area where they are normally contained. Any activity that increases intra-abdominal pressure can worsen a hernia; examples of such activities are lifting weights, coughing, or even straining to have a bowel movement, or pregnancy. We at Healing Hands Clinic believe in offering the best treatment for the ailments. One of its kind for Hernia is the 3D (3 Dimensional Mesh) Repair which not only guarantees the best results but a faster recovery as well.
Says Dr Ashwin Porwal who is one of the leading Hernia Surgeon in Pune. Dr Ashwin Porwal has operated more than 1500 successful such cases of Hernia with 3D Mesh Repair. He is also one of the famous Hernia doctors in Pune says Dr Porwal, The PROLENE 3D Patch mesh is a sterile, 3dimensional device for the repair of small abdominal wall hernias offering the benefits of tension-free hernia repair with the efficiency of 3 easy steps.
This consists of three attached components: An ‘underlay patch’ that provides for an effective posterior repair on the inside of the abdominal wall giving the benefits of Laparoscopic Repair. A ‘connector’ similar to plug, but smaller and flatter. An ‘only patch’ that fits over the abdominal wall giving the benefits of Open Mesh Repair. A device (Prolene Hernia System) has been designed to overcome many of the disadvantages of tension free hernia repair technique which is currently used primarily to repair direct and indirect inguinal hernia.
Benefits of 3D Mesh Repair
1) As the device lies flat against the abdomen, it has virtually no chance of migrating like other devices.
2) Minimal number of stitches.
3) Most important the 3-D mesh device provides the benefits of strong posterior repair like a laparoscopic procedure.
4) Guaranteed Freedom from Hernia.
5) Smaller incision (generally about 4-5cm)
6) Can be done under local Anesthesia also.
7) Discharge within 24 hours and back to work from 3rd day after surgery.